My Black Friday Shopping Adventure...

First of all, I had a WONDERFUL time with my family over a yummy meal. Keep in mind that I didn't cook it all, so that wasn't a case of patting myself on the back, LOL!

Then, I went home to take a nap as I planned to hit Walmart early! Being open all night meant not having to stand in a line when it is only 15* out -- and then add the wind chill factor to make it beyond cold!

I got there about 11:30 and started filling my cart with price matching items from Target - like a Wii Fit Plus bundle for only $29 (Walmart's price was $99), a few movies, some jammies, and a few games. By midnight when they unwrapped their sales items/door busters, I only had to add three things to the cart and go check out. Easy!! My 16 items came to $187.48 and I noticed a few errors on my receipt -- 2 movies weren't discounted and I bought an incorrect one so I will get $16.04 back making it a $71.44 total and I saved $336.62 between door buster deals and price matching.

Not a bad start!

The next store I wanted to hit didn't open until 3AM and it was only 12:20...so I hit Walgreens.
I went for their jingle deals and got:
2L 7Up (for the flu kit), flossers, advil PM, Robitussin cough syrup,thermacare heat wraps, Secret body spray, Scunci hair ponies for 15.38 -- then take off $4 in coupons and I got $14.73 back in RR....so I made $3.38!

I did another transaction and got:
flossers, Robitussin cough syrup, thermacare heat wraps, 2 boxes movie candy (taking the girls to see Tangled later today and 2/$1 is a LOT better than $4 each at the theater!), Oral B toothbrush, kid's toothpaste, 6 rolls wrapping paper (was buy 1 for $1.99 - get 2 FREE) for 16.62 -- then take off $3 in coupons, used $3.98 in RR from the first transaction and I got $11.50 back in RR....so I made $1.26!

According to the receipts, I saved $29.44 AND got $26.23 back from them - so I really saved $55.77

I currently am holding $20.25 in "Jingle Dollars" that I can use at Walgreen's OR places like Copp's!

I snuck home to drop off my loot so far and headed out to Kohls. I was about the 200th person in line but knew I only wanted two things: the game Perfection and a Tinkerbell Nightlight! Having been there just a few days before, I knew where to go and seriously, I was out the door by 3:10 - the cashier even let me use my 15% off that I forgot to bring! I got out of there for under $20, again - saving $28.43.

4 Am - Target was next on the list! At 3:30 I was about the 1,000 person in line and it was COOOOOLLLLLDDDD! They were passing out FREE hot cider!
I knew I wanted two games here and a couple of DVDs...one I will be returning as it was for a friend who I knew didn't make it and was looking for it. I have since chatted with her and she got it at another store. (Oh, THE JOY of cell phones!)

I got out of there for under $20 and saved (according to their receipt) $73.01 - they were organized but not as fast as Kohl's was. I was in my car by 4:30.

So far I have saved $383.83 and spent just an inch over $100.

I choose to skip ShopKo (opened at 5AM) and came home to unload again and thaw out...my last trip will be to Copp's for that gift card deal -- I will spend $200 on select gift cards and get $40 back in Copp's rewards - AND, I will be using my $20.25 Jingle Dollars off the $200 along with a store credit!

**Keep in mind that the $200 counts for Fuel Perks -- it will give me $.40 a gallon credit to bring my total to $1 a gallon off! It also counts for the their Jingle Bucks promo that ends on 12/18 - that would be a quick $200 added to your total! Keep in mind you have to have $500+ on there just to get $5...NOT a huge bargain!

I am skipping the craft stores and calling it a day -- I will share pictures of the haul later - it's almost 6AM and I want to get to Copp's quick so I can come home and go to bed, LOL!

I think I ended with almost $800 of things for $280 -- not to shabby getting $520 for a few hours work!

How did YOUR Black Friday adventure go?

Comments

  1. Thanks for all the posts. I love seeing how you save so much money. I went to the 24 hour walgreens last night and stocked up on all the free stuff, plus had three $5 off register rewards and a couple of other coupons. Also did shopping online at Kohls at midnight (they had a cooking set that had a $50 rebate that was only good for purchases today). Got a 20% off code online and free shipping for some really good deals. This morning, I went to the Walgreens in town here and got another round of free stuff. Also got the Pick-n-Save deal with the gift cards. How does it work to use the Walgreens register rewards/jingle dollars at Copps/Pick-n-Save? Do you just present them like any other coupon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to Michele!
    Correct, you present the Jingle Dollars - just like a coupon, at Copp's PnS when you pay
    :)

    I used my JD on my gift card purchase and got the $40 back too!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok today i attempted to figure out the Walgreen's deals. I did just ok, but know i could do better with a little preparation. I spent $19 and got $10.50 back in jungle cash.

    Just a clarification on using them at Pick N Save -- am I reading that right? You can use Walgreen's jingle cash at PNS??? If so, why is that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooops, jingle cash not jungle. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wags Register Rewards or Jingle Cash (as they now call it) are manufacturer's coupons - that is printed right at the top of them.
    =)

    If I don't see a Wags deal that I want in the 14 day window that we have to use them up, I just present them with my regular coupons at Copp's and they work beautifully!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. good to know! Thanks so much. I've been following your blog for about a month now and am hoping to get better with the deals/bargains. Thank you and good luck to you with Operation 40K.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Went for another round of free stuff at Wags today. Can't believe they still had everything in stock. During the regular week ads, the free things go OOS pretty quickly.

    And, I used my jingle dollars at PnS tonight and they even doubled my 0.99 cent ones!

    ReplyDelete
  8. okay next year you are taking me with you? I do not have anyone to go with and do not go alone.. :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!