Our Teacher Gifts and a "how to"

The AWESOME Scrapfreak boards did a "twelve days of Christmas" theme for November challenge projects...this was day one: Paper Loop Wreath. Instead of doing it holiday style, I first thought of using blue/silver and snow papers to make a winter themed one that could decorate the condo door of my Grandmother...while another person mentioned teacher gifts! Teacher themed double sided papers and I was ready to rock this out! SOOOO easy and SOOOO thrifty to do.

First you need a form. I found these at the local dollar store for (surprise) $1.THEN, you need to have some doubled sided paper -this can run up to $1.50 a sheet, depending on where you go and what you pick...if you want to do it like I did and go all the way around the wreath, you will need 160 loops or 7 sheets of paper. You can just do the front 2/3 of the form and get away with 5.5 sheets of paper...using that last half page to make a co-ordinating card.

Now, take that paper and cut into 1 inch by 6 inch strips...then staple the ends together to for a loop...do this with all of your paper as shown:Now comes the tricky part. The instructions said to pin the loops to the form , one row at a time, 4 for a partial and 5 for a full wreath.Yeah, that didn't work for me, they kept popping off and I used pretty decent pins. Then I tried to staple them one...same thing. SO, I stapled a row on and then use packing tape right over those quickly to make a tight band that held them in. You can see it here:THAT seemed to do the trick and I made it all the way around, no fall out!

Once you have a full wreath, you can add those cute holiday picks to it, or - in my case, I will glue some gift cards onto floral picks and insert them.

You see, I am the class mom and just put a letter out to the other parents...if they all chipped in $5, we could put $50 in assorted gift cards for each teacher...that is a great and frugal way to recognize someone for their work!

You can see the finished wreath, held by my project assistant (my little monkey who never misses a photo op)!


What have you planned to do for your teachers this year?

Comments

  1. Very cute!

    My boys painted some flowerpots that I picked up on a clearance sale for 25c each in the fall, then we filled up with dirt and planted some basil seeds. They just started to sprout. When it's gift giving time (and hopefully they will be big enough to look like more than little sproutlets by then!) We will wrap in some cellophane, tie with a ribbon and a recipe card to share how to make pesto sauce. :) Cheap, practical, tasty and easy to do. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love crafts that you can do with the kiddos! Great way to use up paper scraps! When I first saw this photo I thought it was ribbon :D
    Thank you for linking up to the first ever "Amaze Me Monday" blog party.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!