Quick Accounting!

I thought I would quickly crunch a few numbers for you (and me)!

I thought I would quickly crunch a few numbers for you (and me)!

It's been a while since I have done this (late September, I think). So let's take a look at what's happened: two children's resale events, a bunch of Tupperware parties, Holiday vendor events, got the kiddo back into school, a week long Trick Or Treat fest, and shuttling the little miss to dance classes and karate lessons, along with helping get my Father In Law through his colon cancer surgery. (He is doing VERY well!)

A few surprises like a $600 hospital bill, dead water heater ($800), large chiropractor bill (don't even get me started on this one...) , and the money I had budgeted for Black Friday shopping lets me add another $2,400 to add to my fund. Add that to my total and I have $18,065 in the bank! This boils down to an average of $460 a week so far in savings...not too shabby when a lot of people don't save $460 a month!

Not too shabby -- about 48% of my way to my goal and I started on March 1st -- so we are talking 9 months. I know it SEEMS like I am behind but I still have a VERY busy holiday season with Tupperware and am now teaching Coupon Classes for the Library system. I fully expect to put over $10,000 into the fund in the month of December alone!!

Now let's talk January...Tupperware has an AWESOME new catalog, DOUBLE sales fliers and TRIPLE host perks the first few weeks that is helping to make it SUPER easy for me to pack my January full of Tupperware parties!

Add payments for the 2011 crops that are still trickling in and I still think I can squeeze this out in one year!

***Keep in mind we are still tucking in money to retirement as this goes along - a painless way is to have the max 401K deduction from my husband's work go right out of every paycheck. Add this to his pension that he is earning and his IRA (which hasn't been added to but keeps rolling along, along with my IRA and 401K that haven't seen any additions this year... we hope to be in good shape when we are at that age and Social Security isn't there for us.

When I have met the savings goal for the new house, AND have a 1 year emergency fund in place (I am using THIS fund as my emergency fund right now and simply don't like that!), THEN I will be dramatically increasing that retirement fund! (Don't worry, we are working on Sarah's college too)
=)

I think that covers it for now...how are you doing on YOUR savings goals?

Comments

  1. You have no idea how much I enjoy reading this blog and getting ideas from you. I hate to admit I already have the max on those jingle bucks from copps. However lol I just blame it on those expensive homemade gifts I make foodwise for christmas presents. I still have learned a lot from reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL-- can it be bad to have the max savings on something?

    I am glad it is helping you!
    =)
    This is a process - living life, having fun and planning for the future during what is a difficult time for so many...taking time to enjoy the journey, create memories to look back on and have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!