Target Score

I grabbed my coupon box and kiddo and got the following today:

1 slushie $1.25 (keeps the kid in the cart while I shop...)

8 jars of Ovaltine @ $3.03 each
I Kikkoman soy sauce @ $1.29
1 loaf wheat sandwich bread @ $1.29
1 Simply Apple Juice @ $1.22

Coupons used: eight $1 off Ovaltine, $1 off Target brand bread, $1 Simply juice, $1 off Kikkoman ... and $.50 off that slushie.

Grand total $17.83.

I know this looks high but Ovaltine was $4.53 at the grocery store - for the same sized jar and I haven't seen it go on sale for a long time...that would be $36.24 for 8 jars...so I look at this trip as spending $17.04 and getting $41.29, saving 57% or $23.50.

He now has 10 jars of his treat and that should hold him a while
=)

Ms Sarah and I shall have that apple juice at snack time today...yum!

Here are the figures for the month:

$100
-9.92 - first Target run
-------
$90.08
-17.83 - second Target run
------
$72.15 to go

Now this will shock you -- we are going to go out to eat over the next week. Twice.

We will do the deal I mentioned at Noodles N Company with the candy and then, next week, we are going to Rocky's for a B1G1 Super Slice. He will eat a slice and have a soda by himself...we will split the other slice and a one trip salad bar with our water.

I should still come out WELL under budget this month when factoring in 2 meals out...I am perusing the new Copp's add for a Wednesday plan of attack and know I really only need the basics: milk, bread and eggs this month. Yippee!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!