Copp's this week

OK, I never made it to Copp's for that beef roast last week, but that is OK as we have plenty of meat in our chest freezer right now!

I LOVE the fact that a lot of stores have their sale information online as we haven't seen our Sunday paper yet, and might not see it for quite some time thanks to the blizzard. Considering the fact that it is STILL snowing, I am not holding my breath, LOL!

Here is what jumped out at me from the online flier - with coupon match ups.

The first thing that caught my eye is the 4 day sale on Kelloggs-Eggo-Keebler items.$1.68 when you buy 8 - use $1 off 2 Toasted or Eggo coupons and they are as low as $.68 a box when doubled! This is a GREAT price to stock up on crackers for those holiday cheesballs, layered hot dips and more.

Now, the regular ad:

Produce deals
You know I shoot for $.99 a pound or less for fresh fruits and veggies - here is the selection this week:
Granny Smith, Red or Golden Delicious apples $.99/#
Green beans on sale for $.99/#
Extra Fancy Navel Oranges $2.99 for 4# bag = $.75/#
Sweet potatoes $.79/#
Potatoes 10# for $1.99 = $19/#

Ham prices are creeping up -- $2.29/# for the Roundy's bone in half ham, $2.49/# Hillshire Farm skinless, shankless whole ham. I may take advantage of the Roundy's one as it it CLOSE to my target $1.99/# price and I am running out of ham.
Tip: If you go early enough in the morning, you can take the ham to the meat department and they can slice it for you! This comes in very handy if you want to break it down portion wise and freeze...I will share my "ham plan" later this week.

Other Deals:

Carnation Evaporated Milk $1 - Use the $1/2 coupon from the Roundy's baking booklet and they are FREE when doubled! I will be making stained glass Jell-O in January and this is needed.

Roundy's Hashbrowns $1.50 -- we are making baked HB for Christmas dinner and this isn't a bad price.

Betty Crocker Boxed potatoes $1 -- use the $1/2 coupon (12/5 GM insert) and they are FREE when doubled. I like to mix one box of Scalloped with one box of Au Gratin when I bake them off. It is slightly cheesy and has a nice "rich" flavor.

Betty Crocker muffin mix $2 - use the $.50 (12/5 GM insert) and they are $1 when doubled.

Roundy's heavy whipping cream $.99 -- time to make butter! If they aren't going to drop the prices - I can make a pound for under $2 using two of these. It's a FUN thing to do with kids and very yummy when compared to store bought.

32 oz Progresso Broth $1.69 - use the $1 off 1 coupon (11/21 SS insert) and it is better than free when doubled. I am still stocking up on broth while the prices are so low, come January the deals on this should be over.

That is what jumped out at me - what tripped YOUR trigger?

Comments

  1. the ham is on sale for .99/# at copps this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got my paper and saw their coupon, LOL!
    They did NOT have that in the online ad - it is $.99/# with an additional $25 purchase.

    I'm crunching numbers to see if we are better getting the $2.29/# ham and using it to bring us to $25 so the coupons double OR creating the $25 base first and then adding the $8-10 on for the ham on top. The price difference in the hams is about $10...I guess it just matters if you want to add $10-15 of other items to your grocery cart first.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!