Day After Christmas Sales...

After doing a quick inventory, I realized that I didn't need very much for next year. We are more than stocked on wrapping paper, ribbons, gift tags and holiday cards.

I did hit Target to get a few things this morning.

Our holiday towels have seen better days so I picked up a set of red with white snowflakes on it. I also grabbed a few stocking stuffers for next year - things like lip gloss, and hair ponies won't go bad just sitting in a box on the shelf and they make me feel like I am organized for next year.

I found a Grinch hat and t-shirt set for "uncle Chris". My brother gave Sarah the Grinch book this year with a stuffed Max...it seems only fair that the Grinch make a repeat visit for next year, LOL!

That is about all that I picked up today, except for some food. Nothing like the same food you buy, being 50% or more off, simply because it is in a holiday package!

1)
Oreos. Holiday Oreos - half price and they came to just $.69 a package when you use the $1 off Nabisco cookies coupon. I got 5 packages.
2)
Graham Crackers - gingerbread flavor. $1.24 a box and they had a peelie on them that took $1 off. I got 4 boxes (all that were left) for that $.24 a box price.
3)
Christmas Tea. An assorted gift pack that was $9.99 rang up for $2.49 and has a great variety - 120 individual packs in ten different flavors at $.02 each. Considering the fact that I have already had pneumonia this season - hot tea is going to be added to my nightly routine.

Add everything together and I got out of Target for less than $30...but I am only counting the food items in my monthly budget.

Here is my monthly tally:
$100.00
- $8.01 Chinese meal
------
$91.99
-$15.62 Copps Run
------
$76.37
-$6.11 Rocky's dinner while working
-$15.35 today's Copp's run
------
$54.91
-$31.06 Family Fish Fry
------
$23.85
-$6.90 post holiday sale for Target
------
12.95 to go!

I have a Copp's run planned for Wednesday - and should be ble to keep it easily under that total. How is YOUR budget shaping up for the month?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!