Do I have to beat up a Chinese lady?


This Wednesday, my little Sarah earned her orange belt in Karate...this was HUGE! The munchkins are presented their belts in front of the bigger kids and the bigger kids clap for them to cheer them on. You should have seen her little face!
=)
So, we were going to celebrate with her favorite Chinese food - chicken fried rice. (I know, not exactly exotic but she loves it). We walk over to the place that is close to the karate studio and get our order.

When we get home, I grab a muscle relaxer - I was really starting to hurt from the snow storm was was coming...then we rip into the dinner.

They put white rice in the bag instead of the fried rice.

(sigh)

I now have a crying little girl on what was supposed to be a happy little celebration...

So I called and they won't deliver, they offer a credit. Try explaining a credit to a 4 year old...

So, I get creative and make a butterfly shaped peanut butter and jelly sandwich and fairy chips.
=)
That did the trick and everything was bliss again!

But the next day, I went back to them and got my money back for the food we didn't' get...she wasn't going down easy but the look on her face, when I told her that this made my little girl cry, not to mention that there were other customers there, hearing my story - I got the $3.70 back.

So -- that $8.01 for Chinese food was the first purchase of the month
$100.00
- $8.01
------
$91.99 to go

(And I didn't have to beat up a Chinese Lady...)

Comments

  1. did you make fried out of the white.always have on hand a bag of frozen peas and carrots and some soy sauce. not as tasty as the resturants but good in a pinch (oh and egg. i also like bean sprouts but they aren't as easy to keep, wonder if you can freeze them)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had thought of making it myself but didn't have the veggies or chicken - that, and it wouldn't be "take out".

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!