If there is a sign, make them honor it!

OK, I zipped into Walmart this afternoon to grab an extra copy of All You and thought I would take a quick walk down the holiday candy clearance aisle. I knew I didn't need anything as Ms Kelley had so kindly stopped for me earlier that day, but thought I should take a quick peek.

One lady was moving things around on the shelves and I was looking at the 75% off signs taped here and there...one was on a shelf that had canned crushed pineapple, cranberries, Pepperidge Farm dressing, gingerbread men marshmallows, marshmallow cream and more!

Me, starting to kick myself for popping in without my coupon box, is doing quick math and realizing that I could get 3 large cans of crushed pineapple for $1...and I had coupons for $1/3...which would make them FREE! I also knew I had coupons for the dressing and marshmallow cream...and was thinking that it was still a great deal, even if I didn't have the coupons - and would they do an adjustment if I came back?

I asked the sales person - seriously? These are 75% off? AWESOME deals! She agreed!

I loaded up my arms quickly and now know that I can hold 5 cans of crushed pineapple, 4 cans or cranberry relish, 4 bags of stuffing, 3 bags of marshmallows, 2 containers of Marshmallow cream, 3 cans of frosting, cupcake liners and one magazine.
(Good trivia for a future day...)

They started scanning me at the check out and the items were ringing up at full price! I questioned it and the cashier called over the supervisor. She told me "no". I took her hand and led her back to the aisle and showed her the 75% off sign that was taped to the very shelf I grabbed things on and pointed out the gal who verified it for me.

They gave me the 75% off.
=)

(Then pulled that sign off the shelf...)
Not bad, magazine and all, it came to just less than $7 -- which rounds out my total for the month and leaves me $.09

I am not counting the ten bags of mini pb cups that my friend Kelley got me yet, as I haven't seen her to pay her (I know, a technically...)

What am I planning on using that stuff for? The frosting is for my fudge recipe (already on here), the dressing - it's time to make sausage balls! (I will share - it's a great appetizer) Marshmallow cream is good for "fluffer-nutter" sandwiches (a rare treat), and I am curious to know how those flavored marshmallows will taste in crispy treats!

Did you score any deals today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!