Quick Accounting

I thought I would quickly crunch a few numbers for you (and me)!

It's been about a month since I have done this ...so let's take a look at what's happened: several holiday vendor events, a week long fundraiser/event at the mall, a bunch of Tupperware parties, shuttling the little miss to dance classes and karate lessons, along with getting thru my favorite holiday of the year - Christmas!

I told you that December was a busy month, LOL! We did a mix of FREE things, ate more out of our freezer, created some handmade gifts, got more than our share of gifts in return, and more so it lets me add another $13,200 to my fund. Add that to my total and I have $31,265 in the bank! This boils down to an average of $727 a week so far in savings...not too shabby when a lot of people don't save $500 a month!

Not too shabby -- about 78% of my way to my goal and I started on March 1st -- so we are talking 10 months. It's getting close to my deadline and I have $8,735 to go over the next 9 weeks. Yes, it's going to be tight and I might have to get creative...

Now let's talk January...Tupperware has an AWESOME new catalog, DOUBLE sales fliers and TRIPLE host perks the first few weeks that is helping to make it SUPER easy for me to pack my January full of Tupperware parties!

Add payments for the 2011 crops that are still trickling in and I still think I can squeeze this out in one year!

***Keep in mind we are still tucking in money to retirement as this goes along - a painless way is to have the max 401K deduction from my husband's work go right out of every paycheck. Add this to his pension that he is earning and his IRA (which hasn't been added to but keeps rolling along, along with my IRA and 401K that haven't seen any additions this year... we hope to be in good shape when we are at that age and Social Security isn't there for us.

When I have met the savings goal for the new house, AND have a 1 year emergency fund in place (I am using THIS fund as my emergency fund right now and simply don't like that!), THEN I will be dramatically increasing that retirement fund! (Don't worry, we are working on Sarah's college too)
=)

I think that covers it for now...how are you doing on YOUR savings goals?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!