Today's Grocery Run - three transactions!

A lot of fun deals this week and I had one of those hams in mind - which was over and above the $25 threshold. Overall, I still did pretty well - over $140 for about $15. Besides that ham deal, there was the cracker/cookie deal - buy 8 and get them for $1.68 each -- add more for $2.50 each. PERFECT time to stock up on crackers for all the holiday parties and afternoon snacks...I DO want to point something out: When they have 8 oz boxes of crackers for the same price as the 12-13 oz -- which should you buy?

DUH - right?

But I saw people grab the smaller boxes and walk on! 10 BIG boxes gives you the same amount of crackers as 16 smaller ones. I got 6 boxes basically for FREE then by choosing the larger size.

=)

I broke it down into three separate transactions this week - here you go~!

Transaction 1

8 boxes of Assorted crackers @ $1.66 (normally $3.99)
2 boxes of Assorted crackers @ $2.50 (normally $3.99)
1/2 # Broccoli Cheese salad from the deli
Cooks Half Ham $24.07
1 avocado @ $1.49

Coupons used:
Five $1 off 2 Toasteds Crackers (doubled), $2 off any deli order with purchase of 2 boxes Toasteds Crackers, FREE avocado, $1 off any Cooks Ham, $13.67 ham in store flier, $7 for the last of my Walgreens Jingle Cash.

Final result $68.59 for $11.97 AND I have a mail in rebate that gives me $10 for buying 10 boxes of crackers in one transaction! This really cost me $1.97!!
I saved 97.1%

Transaction 2
8 assorted cookies and crackers @$1.68 (normally $2.99)
chips ahoy cookies @$2 (normally 42.99)
Boboli pizza sauce @$2.79
1 avocado @$1.49
3# clementines @$4.99
1 gallon skim milk @ $2.25
1 dozen eggs @ $1.55

Coupons used:
Five $1 off 1 cookies/cracker (doubled), $2 Boboli coupon, $2.21 store coupon for clementines, $1.50 checkout value coupon for eggs, $3.25 checkout value coupon for milk, FREE avocado.

Final result $40.78 for $8.06 saving $32.73 or 80.2%

Transaction #3
4 boxes Betty Crocker Potatoes @$1 (normally $1.69)
4# roundy's sugar @ $2.29 (normally $2.69) *************
Morton Iodized sea salt $1.19 (normally $1.59)
Dawn Hand Care dish soap @ $2.79**********
3 packs Progresso Broth @ $1.69 (normally $2.89)
Triscuit Crackers @ $2.00 (normally $2.99)
Wheat thins honey stick @$ 2.99
2 Boboli pizza sauce @ $2.79

Coupons used:
three $1 off progresso broth (doubled), two $1 ff 2 Betty Crocker(doubled), two $2 boboli coupons, $1 off Morton sea salt, FREE Triscuit Crackers (2.99), $1.25 Wheat Thins.

Final result $34.21 for $6.82 and i got a $1.50 back for buying 4 boxes of potatoes.
84.5% savings.


GRAND TOTAL!
$143.58 for $15.35, saving 89.3%

I am curious as to how they figure out the Jingle Bucks as last week I had $498.94 and I spent $26.85 out of pocket this week yet my total is now $$584.61. I was credited $85.67 for this promotion today! They must be adding in sales before coupons!


Here is my monthly tally:
$100.00
- $8.01 Chinese meal
------
$91.99 to go
-$15.62 Copps Run
------
$76.37
-$6.11 Rocky's dinner while working
-$15.35 today's Copp's run
------
$54.91 to go!

Right on pace for the middle of the month.

I DID hear a rumor that the week of Christmas, we would have a DOUBLE double day...start looking through your coupons in case I am correct!
=)

How did you do this week at the store?

Comments

  1. Wow!! I thought I did "okay" for my first time but you blew me out of the water. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. ***************
    I Forgot! The items with the * are not part of the groceries, but holiday gifties! ( another post coming) Take that $5.48 out of the mix and my correct total for the week is $138.10 for $9.07 (93.7%).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you covered this before, but where do you find all your coupons? I get all the papers (double or triple, usually) and don't get some of the ones that you have. Your coupons match so nicely what's on sale. I print absolutely everything online, although you can only use at a limited of places.

    Too often I find that I have all these coupons, but it's a waste of money to use the coupon and buy something that I don't normally buy or that isn't healthy. Does that make sense?

    I am, however, loving CVS. There deals are amazing - I am going to try to cut my Target runs, with using all the freebies and stuff at CVS for all the necessary items but non-food related.

    Merry, Merry Christmas! ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree Anne -- if you see "junk" in my list, it is usually for DH to take to work, LOL! He HAS gotten better though...I knew I wanted crackers for all the holiday cheeseballs and hot dips that I will be taking over the next three weeks - seriously, I have 9 parties to go to!

    I have too much to put in a reply here but will blog it for you
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!