BACON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made it to HyVee today, just like I said I would, for their $1.99 bacon.

They ran out!

I got the LAST TWO PACKAGES...and they were only 12 ouncers at that! (center cut).

I DID see signs every where around the bacon display announcing Rain Checks...so, after I purchased my two packs of bacon, I marched over to the customer service counter! YUP, I got my rain check for three packs of bacon, good for one month.

=)

Bacon just makes this Midwestern girl happy! BLT Sandwiches, my Autumn Chowder, bacon wrapped pork chops, Rumaki, bacon in my crock pot potato soup, bacon wrapped steaks, bacon and cheese stuffed chicken, the list could go on and on!

I have been avoiding bacon as it was $5-6 a pound at all the local stores...WAAAAAY over my price points for meat. Now, I can relax a bit and drool over what I am going to make next.

=)

OK - accounting time:
100.00
-39.96 HyVee
-1.90 Cub Foods
--------
$58.14
-18.03 (Girls night)
-1.33 (Applebee's overage on gift card)
-$3.98 HyVee Bacon!
-------
$34.80 to go and we are half way through the month.

Now the rumor has it, that I may be selling five pounds of my butter stash to my Mother. (I wonder who started that rumor...) That would give me about $10 back and make her happy, LOL!

I have also been invited to a "Stockpile Swap" from someone who took my coupon class and is running with the idea! I will take some crackers, cereal, tuna, pizza sauce and soup and see what we might bring back that is different. variety is always nice
=)

How is your budget shaping up?

Comments

  1. I too love bacon. I have a theory that adding bacon makes just about anything taste better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie - I even found a pattern to knit a bacon scarf, LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!