The Blizzard....

It is all over the news, starting this morning, we are getting snow. A LOT of snow. 16 to 18 inches by the time it is all over...

Yippe.

(Can you sense my enthusiasm - LOL?)

OK - what is the big deal? I know I live in the Midwest, it is winter and we WILL get snow! It is the media hype that creates the panic for so many. It is turned into Snow-maggedon with the constant coverage and news weather alert cut-ins!. People start to panic, hit the stores and cover in fear.

It is insane!

What do I do to prepare? Not much, LOL

**I already have a houseful of food.
**We have a generator if the power goes out - this will supply the tiny bit of electricity needed to keep our boiler going so we stay warm.
**I have plenty of "rainy day" projects for Ms Sarah to do - like finish her class Valentine pass outs, math workbooks, board games, etc
**I will hit the store this morning and get 2 gallons of milk and some fresh fruit with the overages, using a few of my vouchers from last week's cereal deals.

That is it! If there is a 2 hour delay for school in the morning, Ms Sarah doesn't go to kindergarten. I do think we will be school free on Wednesday...

What do you do to prepare?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!