Migraines Suck!

When I was a "tween", going through puberty, I first learned of these hereditary headaches in my family. Hormones seemed to be the big driver for them, but a diet rich in nitrates or a lack or consistent sleep both added to their frequency and intensity.

Then they went away (yippee!)

Fast forward 25 or so years to when I was starting all that fertility work so we could have a baby. Yup, increased stress levels, massive hormone injections, etc brought them back.

There doesn't seem to be a real pattern now...weather, stress, sleep, can start me off. I really watch what I put into my body - so no more nitrates or wine.

I had a doozy this week -

After trying my "protocol", I went in for a morphine shot. Back home to try to sleep it out. It didn't work. So, into the big clinic for the IV therapy yesterday.

It's really quite interesting They start with magnesium and then this stuff that is basically epilepsy medicine - it helps calm all the nerve action in the brain down. They have a few other bags to add on and, if none of that works, they do nerve blocking injections to the back of the head.

Yes, I have been through it all before.

Yesterday, they couldn't get a vein. They blew out two and then I said that I was done...

I drank a ton of fluids and got a lot of rest at my Mom's while they watched Sarah.

The tightwad in me finds it hard to believe that I spent $30 ($15 office visit co-pay) over two days so I could continue to feel crummy. Then, I just remember, they have a license to practice medicine. The license doesn't say that they master it -- just that they can practice it.

When the Doc said yesterday that she wasn't satisfied yet, that I was still in pain and she had to come up with something else -- THAT is when I knew it was time to go. (Even if it was AMA)

Have you ever been practiced on?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!