Silly Stuff

We are entering year 4 of this recession -- and you MUST have a sense of humor about it, things aren't going to change quickly. (sigh)

A friend sent this to me in email - I have no idea who the author is, but thought I would pass the chuckle on - enjoy!


The economy is so bad
that I got a pre-declined credit card in the mail.

I ordered a burger at McDonald's,
and the kid behind the counter asked,
"Can you afford fries with that?"

CEO's are now playing
miniature golf.

If the bank returns your check marked "Insufficient Funds,"
you have to call them and ask if they mean you or them .

Hot Wheels and Matchbox stocks
are trading higher than GM.

McDonald's is selling the
1/4 'ouncer'.

Parents in Beverly Hills and Malibu are firing their nannies
and learning their children's names.

A truckload of Americans
was caught sneaking into Mexico .

Dick Cheney
took his stockbroker hunting.

Motel Six
won't leave the light on anymore.

The Mafia
is laying off judges.

BP Oil
laid off 25 Congressmen.

Congress says they are looking into the Bernard Madoff scandal.
Oh Great!!
The guy who made $50 Billion disappear
is being investigated by
the people who made $1.5 Trillion disappear!

And, finally...

I was so depressed last night
thinking about the:
economy, wars, jobs, my savings, Social Security, retirement funds, and our bleak future,
that I called the Suicide Lifeline
and was connected to a call center in Pakistan .
When I told them I was suicidal,
they got all excited,
and asked if I could drive a truck ...

Comments

  1. Danelle,
    This is hilarious! Thanks for the chuckle and guest posting on my blog.

    Valerie
    The Cute Couponer

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so funny! It made me laugh after a long hard day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!