Today's Copp's Run - A $3.25 profit!


I love shopping and seem to meet the nicest people there!

I also cringe when I see someone pay $75 - 85 - 100+ on less than a full cart of groceries!

EEK!

I was behind one lady and she split her transactions, but had so little sales specials that both of her transactions topped $50+.......I wish she could have seen me get rung through!

OK two cereal deals, 4 cans tomatoes, 1 fish crackers, 4 string cheese, 2 Pringles and a gallon of milk.

I used coupons, my $6 Copp's Jingle Bucks gift card, a $1.50 Walgreen's Register Reward and a Milk voucher...bottom line, $62.66 for $3.50 and they gave me $10 back in milk and egg vouchers. This became a money maker deal with a $3.25 profit! (I used one milk voucher on the second transaction).

YES - I love cereal deals!!!

I will repeat this on Wednesday which should have me set pretty nicely for a great first transaction in February AND let me give 15-20 boxes of cereal to my church's food pantry...who doesn't love that?

OK - accounting time:
100.00
-39.96 HyVee - butter
-1.90 Cub Foods - mac N cheese
--------
$58.14
-18.03 (Girls night)
-1.33 (Applebee's overage on gift card)
-$3.98 HyVee Bacon!
-------
$34.80 to go and we are half way through the month.
+10.00 (Mom got her five pounds of butter!)
-------
$44.80
-$3.10 for 5 bags of peanut butter cups on holiday clearance (for cookies!)
-$13.40 for HyVee today
-$3.15 for the Village Hearth Bread Outlet (2 bread, 1 English muffin & hog dog buns)
-------
$25.15 to go
-$3.50 for today's Copp's run
-------
$21.65 to go

-- more than what I need for that cereal deal plan I have lined up on Wednesday and I have a Walgreen's run planned out too!

It is now January 22nd...only 9 days left. How is YOUR budget looking?

Comments

  1. geez.. I did pretty good today
    just spent $56.64 on $130.36 and out of my $56.64 I paid $29.43 for $71.73 worth of family packs of chicken... that will make around 8 chicken meals for my family!
    Mose of mine was chicken.. Needed to restock our stock.

    Feel free to drop off the cereal here. We go through a ton a week with my husband and brother and 3 boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Katrina - you saved almost 60% - good chicken buy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks that Chicken was the majority of my money but we use it.. I am waiting for my 1/2 cow in later feb then that will help a little I can stock up on chicken deals and pork deals and not worry about the beef. I would love to do only $100 a mt but I have been thinking to try $200 a mt since I have a family of 6 when my brother is with us. What do you think.. My sister in law and I are going to try to get to one of your classes and I can't wait for our play date/ chat in feb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Danelle! I just stumbled on your blog. I'm a couponer in the same area! Thanks for the great list of cereal prices! By the time I got there today, most were cleared off the shelves. I'll have to try going earlier on Wednesday (your list will come in handy!).

    I see your note about using a Walgreens Register Reward. I hadn't heard this could be done at Copps. Please fill me in! :-)

    I started a blog about my couponing journey as well...check it out sometime! http://www.madisoncouponconnection.com

    Maybe we'll cross paths at some point!

    :-) Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Donna!
    Wags Register Rewards are manufacturer's coupons (it's printed right on them) - so if you check www.iheartwags.com and see nothing in the next two weeks that you want to roll them over into, use the at the grocery store!
    :)
    Just like my milk and egg vouchers - they do NOT need to be used at Copp's - I can take them to Target, etc and use the overage on those deals!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had trouble getting some stores to take manufacturer's coupons that have another store's logo printed on them (even if they are clearly not a store coupon)...i.e. Target printable manufacturer coupons with the target logo. Glad to hear Copps, etc. will take the Walgreens RRs! :-) Thanks for the great tip! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, BTW, I'm following your blog via RSS/Google Reader now, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!