DIY Paint Job Started!

Last fall, I mentioned a project on my list, a DIY Paint Job. I had basically gotten the paint for FREE with the Menard's rebates and just hand't gotten around to it yet.

Until Today.

I want the new "before" picture - with the railing on the right removed. I TRIED to get the coat rack off, but will have to wait for the hubster to do it. (grr...)The people that painted this mess never taped anything off...see how they over shot onto the celing? THAT is why I am painting the ceiling too!I was a good girl and got out the roll of blue tape and got busy!This is just the first coat, no edging done yet. I can tell already that the ceiling will need a little TLC besides the roller...and I will need at least 2 more coats to finally get rid of that...but doesn't it look better already? NOW, I can see the imperfections in the wall! Spots that need to be patched, holes that need to be filled, areas that need to be sanded. (sigh). These are the joys of having a house that is almost 100 years old (lucky me). I will fix these trouble spots and then, get back to painting.
=)
Keep in mind that I have Arthritis, TMJ and Fibromyalgia...this is not going to be a speedy project for me as it involves a lot of over the head work. I know I have to take at least 5 days off before I attack it again.

If I can do it - SO CAN YOU!!!

I promise, I will share more pics as I progress with it
=)

What is a DIY project that YOU have on your hit list? Instead of paying somone to do it, talk to the hardware store guy, do a little online research and DO IT YOURSELF!
Hugs!

Dannelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!