A GREAT Reader Question: About Walgreen's Register Rewards

I got this question from a reader and wanted to share -

I was just wondering where in your budget gets calculated the money you spend ordering coupons for your grocery, does it come from your grocery budget? I see you using a lot of R.R on copps I wonder If the money you spend on walgreens to get the R.R comes from a different budget


My answer:

When you play with Walgreens, you initially have an investment on your first transaction but can then use a combo of manufacturer's coupons, store coupons and RR to keep the ball rolling.

Week 1 you might get $8 of stuff, spend $6 and use $2 in manu coupons, but get $6RR back

Week 2 you might get $14 of stuff, use $4 in store coupons, $4 in manu coupons and that $6 RR (to have no OOP cost), but get $12 in RR back.

Week 3 you might get $23 of stuff, use $6 in store coupons, $5 in manu coupons and that $12 in RR (again, no OOP cost), but get $20 in RR back.

See how it snowballs?

I haven't shared a Wags transaction since Black Friday because I have simply been rolling the offers and using the extra ones at the store
:)
I am now OUT of RR and watching the Walgreen's fliers for new deals to start it rolling again...you will see THOSE in my monlyth $100 budget.

Excellent question!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!