Question: I don't see you buying MEAT...

...yet you have it on your meal plans. What am I missing?

GOOD QUESTION!

I shop with the stockpile system. I look for the low price and get enough to ride it out until the next time that price drops. When ground turkey is on sale for $1 a pound, I will buy 10-20 pounds of it, instead of just 1-2. I can eat ground turkey, once a week, for four months without having to buy it.

Now, this DOES require a chest freezer!

Inside my very full freezer, if you lifted the lid, you would see:

5# hamburger gravel
5# hamburger patties
5# Meat for pasties
3# meatballs
2# mini meatloaves
2# Swiss steak
14# ground turkey
2 whole turkeys
2 whole hams, sliced
8 bacon wrapped turkey fillet
3 pork tenderloin
2# pork chops
2# pork ribs
3 whole chickens
3# bone in breasts
3# drumsticks
6# boneless skinless
2# Italian sausage
2# polish sausage
5# brats (it IS Wisconsin, LOL)
8 packs hot dogs
3 beef ring baloney
10# breakfast sausage
4 packs baloney and summer sausage
AND 3 ham bones for soup.

THAT is why you don't see my buying meat! First of all, I have no room to put it and secondly, we have plenty of stuff (ALMOST 200#) to eat up. (and yes, it was all under $2/#)
:)

That is my challenge right now, to take 3 things a week out of the freezer to eat for dinner and why you see *** after some items on my meal plan list. I would take more but one day a week is for Fridge Clean Out and one day a week is for a Meatless meal.

Any other questions for me? Fire away!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!