3/9 Copp's Run

The weather got me today -- I wasn't really up to the trip but needed hE detergent for my new washer (another post for another time...) so I ventured out for one transaction or two.

I SKIPPED the cereal/oranges deal as there were very few boxes of cereal included in the deal - nothing that we would ever eat!

Here is my summary:

Transaction #1
1 Purina Cat Food $4.39
2 gallons Deans Milk @$2.99
2 Dozen Eggs @$1.19
Nutella @$3.39
1 Oscar Meyer Carving Board Chicken $2.50 (normally 4.79)
1 bottle Gain hE detergent @$6.64
2 Roundy's Chicken Kiev @$1 (normally $1.99)
2 Roundy's Chicken Kiev @$1 (normally $1.99)

Coupons used: $6.50 for milk (my last vouchers), two $1.75 for eggs (my last vouchers), two $1 Deans Milk gallon (doubled), $1 Purina (doubled), $1 Nutella(doubled), $1 OM meat (doubled), two $1/meat. $3 Gain

Totals $36.63 for $4.78 (86.9%)


$100.00
- 10.67
-----------
$89.33
-$4.78 today's copp's run
-$1 Cookies from fundraiser table at pancake breakfast
-----------
$83.88 to go

**I did NOT count the dinner at church yesterday as that it part of my church budget - but DID add in the cookies that I bought at the pancake breakfast last Sunday.

I will do MUCH better in the hE detergent in the future, this was simply a surprise with short notice...but all in all, didn't do too bad.

I WILL get to HyVee this week for the 2 day sale items (saltines, peanut butter, toothpaste, etc) and Aldi's for some fresh produce.

How did your trip go?

Comments

  1. I just started making my own laundry detergent for our HE front loader. Very easy and cheap!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you did a great job! Laundry detergent is one of those that I hate buying. We have some skin allergies in our house, so have to be careful about what we get and since coupons can be scarce and sales not that great, we end up pretty much sticking to buying the large size of Era at Sam's. All of us can use it, it's under $11 a bottle and it last us 4-5 months. It's a "splurge" I can live with.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just did a quick trip at Copps today (to get more free popcorn & quaker cereal + another couple odds & ends. I was completely tempted by the Nutella, too. It's so good! Kind of wish I had bought some. Maybe next time around. I'd love to hear more about your He detergent recipe, Casie!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!