The Birthday Party.

I had everything ready for a Princess Party this summer...as I shared here.

Sigh.

It makes more sense to shelf that for a year and go with a Dinosaur Party this year, as I have a JR. Paleontologist.

She was all excited about the Princess Party, but I gave her a choice: Princess or Dinosaur.

She didn't even pause a second and picked the Therapods. (That is a two legged walking, long tail, carnivore with three toed feet, like a T-Rex for those of you that aren't educated by a four year old like I am).

The Princess Party will keep - nothing will perish...now plans for a fun party in three months, that will included her entire class at school, instead of just the gals.

I have a few ideas coming to mind:

1) A welcome sign that looks like the Jurassic Park ones, but it says Jurassic Party.
2) A Volcano Punch and Dinosaur Cake
3) A fossil Dig in the sandbox - complete with little shovels and brushes
4) A Pterodactyl nest with eggs - that will act as "goody bags", filled with mini dinos and temporary tattoos.
5) A photo wall - and the photo will be mailed to them as a thank you note

I have the Dinosaur Cricut Cartridge (which makes sense to my scrapbooking friends)...and will use that for the invites and the cake.

I have an "arch" to make, a nest and sand to purchase...as our sandbox is currently a ball pit, LOL!

I am even tempted to dress her like Pebbles from the Flintstones...bone in the hair and all!
=)

I really do think that this is a better fit for her right now, and I know it will be a hit with her classmates as "Dinosaur Train" is so popular with the 3-6 year old crowd, thanks to PBS.

At least that Cricut Cartridge will make it easy to scrapbook later - I make and 8x8 album every year about her birthday party.
=)

I will share details as I get things done - I fully expect the whole thing to come in at under $50! (Not including the cost of the pictures and mailing the thank you notes).

What kind of birthday parties do you have planned this year?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!