A Quick Aldi Run


I had to hit the bank today and make a deposit (yipee!) and Aldi's is practically around the corner. I thought I would zip in quick and check out their baby supplies for my food pantry challenge!

I walked out with what was in the box for $7.95 -
one pineapple ($.99)
bag of 4 lemons ($.99)
3 avocados @$.50 each
1# baby carrots @$.99
2 boxes mac N cheese @$.25 each
and 3 bottles of baby wash/lotion for church @ $.99 each.

I am taking the $2.97 off as it isn't MY budget, it's my CHURCH budget.

The lemons are for my Hollandaise sauce (freezable and YUMMY!), I have been craving guacamole and we were totally out of mac N cheese!

$4.98 off the the budget this week:

$100.00
- 10.67
-----------
$89.33
-$4.78 today's copp's run
-$1 Cookies from fundraiser table at pancake breakfast
-----------
$83.88 to go
-4.98 Aldi today
-----------
$78.90 to go

I WILL get to HyVee this week for the 2 day sale items (saltines, peanut butter, toothpaste, etc)

Comments

  1. We LOVE Aldi's produce. We eat fresh daily that any other store puts us way over our budget for food. Sam's Club also has great, great prices on fruit. With my 3 kids, it's a steal for how much you get (I think). :)

    I'd LOVE to see what is included in each budget.

    Where does baby stuff come from, cosmetics, aluminum foil (sometimes you need this stuff), etc.? These are just examples. There are so much "other" stuff that we buy, and it doesn't fit in the food category. Do you group together or different budgets?

    We've been so bad about our budget lately ... it's all about Peapod for me lately!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!