Don't call me "Mam".

I LOVE my Copp's Store and I REALLY love my Wednesday cashiers! That being said, today they had the "B" team on the registers. (sigh). 

Those of you that are like me and plan your trips out, KNOW what your total should be, what should print out when you are done and what should be coming out of your pocket.

The gal rang up my first transaction and said:
 "That will be six cents".  
I KNEW I should have paid $4.17, and then gotten back a $3 Catalina...and tried to tell her.

Then she said:
You don't know what you are talking about Mam, that offer won't print when you use coupons".

OK, I could have killed her for the Mam comment alone...don't get me started on this one. (Grrr...) Then comes the second transaction where she said I owed $6.70. I knew this was wrong, even though I had planned to use that $3 from the first transaction ... it should have been under $5. I paid it and then marched over to the customer service desk.

YIPPEE!!! One of my Wednesday gals was there and helped me out!

We reviewed my bags and tapes, then sorted it all out.
It was very easy to see that I had 34 items in my bags and only 29 had been scanned.
That is a five item error!!She wouldn't let me pay the $4.11 that I thought I owed them from the first transaction but did give me a "$3 off my next order" rebate slip She said it was for my hassle. Very nice!
THEN, I got back $2.01 from the second transaction. The gal had only rung up five of the cereal boxes, instead of the six, so it wasn't triggering that $1.99 price point.
Final result: I got $5.01 back for going to customer service.

So, between two transactions today, I got:
 6 boxes General Mills Cereal
20 boxes pasta
Zest shower gel
Zest bath soap
Hungry Jack pancake mix
Hungry Jack pancake syrup
Hungry Jack hash browns
2 boxes Scotties tissue
1 pack McCormick Rosemary Chicken Dinner seasoning

34 items for $6.76, but got back the $5.11 I was overcharged, to bring it down to $1.65

$74.86 for $1.65 - saving 98%

If  you remember seeing my current stockpile pictures, I currently have 18 boxes of pasta already so these20 boxes will go to the food pantry...I only wanted that $3 off my next order voucher to counter the second transaction.
=)

**Just a reminder to you - ALWAYS double check your receipts!! Be super nice about it if there is an error and you will be taken care of. It's all good.

Just don't call me Mam.

My Monthly Total:


$100.00 (starting budget balance)
-$1.89 Copp's --4/2
--------
$98.11
-$3.46 Wags --4/5
--------
$94.55
-$8.69 Copp's --4/6
--------
$85.86
-$2.11 Wags --4/6
--------
$83.75
-$4.07 Copp's --4/9
--------
$79.68
-$.98 Walgreen's --4/12
-$3.70 Copps-- 4/13
--------
$75.00 to go!
-10.13 A &W
--------
$64.87 to go
-7.98 HyVee-- 4/16
-10.23 Copp's-- 4/16
--------
$44.66
+2.08 Copp's -- 4/20
---------
$46.74
-2.98 Walgreen's -- 4/23
-1.65 Copp's -- 4/23
-$24.11 for dinner on 4/22 (we went out for fish!)
---------
$18.00 to go

With 7 days left, I know I am GOLDEN on this!
We only need Milk and buns for next week -- yippee!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!