Easter Clearance

Yup. I hit the stores today. Are you surprised??
(I didn't think so)

I started at Target, which had a large selection and then finished at Walmart, who had barely anything left.

Some of the loot is for summer car/plane rides like: 
  • Dora paint by number set
  • Dora bubbles (at the cabin, not in the car)
  • Egg shaped Doodle Pro
  • Velveteen Rabbit DVD
Some of the bounty was for next Easter like:
  • Basket
  • Basket filler
  • Easter Egg Play Do
  • Easter Egg Jump Rope
  • Easter Bunny Mrs Potato Head
  • Easter Little People
  • Butterfly Sidewalk Chalk
Some of the haul is for the gift stockpile like:
  • 5 Princess Puzzle Tins
  • Thomas the Train Easter Express set
  • Polly Pockets
  • Assorted pencils
Some of the haul is for me like:
  • Mini spring form pan set
  • Bunny silicone mold - wouldn't it make the cutest soaps??
  • Easter Kitchen towels
  • Cookie decor shaker
Now the food:
  • The candy Smarties are for the summer picnic, parade and breakfast with Santa 
  • The bunny marshmallows will go into rice krispie treats. Who cares what color they are when they ring up at $.39 a bag???
 
Now the good news: all of that, in the pictures, was less than $40.
I did use my last four $5 gift cards from the Freezer Food deals a few months back,
so my total out of pocket cost was $18.76

Her basket for 2012 will be fluffed with a few choice candy pieces like it was this year -
but the Bunny can now relax...it's all covered.

How did YOU do at the stores?

Comments

  1. you should hit the new Target store at Hilldale in Madison! They have tons left, it's almost like they never sold anything, and it's all 75% off!! Now I believe it will all go on sale at 90% on friday or saturday morning since it turned 75 just today. There are lots of clearance everywhere at that store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say that I LOVE that new store!?? It is truely beautiful - and a much better asset to that neighborhood than that giant hole was.
    =)
    If I get a chance, I will check it out.

    They should have a ton of clearance items - I think they overbought in a lot of departments to make the new store look full and inviting... Great to visit - just don't forget your coupons!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!