Arby's Review...

I got the coupon for the FREE Marketfresh Sandwich WYB a small soda -
from their facebook page offer that I had shared - and we tried it today.
The plan was for Miss Sarah and I to share the sandwich and soda,
along with a cup of soup at home.
Our selection was the Grilled Chicken Pecan on bread and ran us $1.47 with the soda.

Disappointed.

There is NO WAY we would ever spend $4.99 on this sandwich -- and here is why:
It was a lettuce sandwich with a little chicken salad.
Seriously.

I would have shared pictures had my camera's batteries been charged so you could
see how little chicken salad was in it.
There was HALF the amount that should be in the sandwich...
and three of the pieces of chicken had to be spit out, as they were grisly.
(that didn't leave much chicken...)
The fruit was fresh and yummy,
but there were three giant leaves of lettuce that buried it.
I removed two of the lettuce leaves and will use them in sandwiches tomorrow - a plus, LOL

We usually don't get soda
(I'm too cheap, it flares my arthritis and it's bad for the teeth)--
so the Dr Pepper was a rare treat.

I really thought half a sandwich and cup of soup would be enough for dinner -
but had to add more. I pulled out string cheese and veggie chips.

Bottom line - go for the freebie before tomorrow is over, but have a back up plan.
It's too bad - it is Sooooo close to being a great sandwich!
Maybe your store makes a better one,
I just know what I can buy for $4.99 - and could do a lot better.

Comments

  1. Bummer. I've had three of these so far and all three were absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know Laura.
    I did write Arby's - hoping it was just my local store...we will see what they say.

    I LOVE their roast beef and was really looking forward to this
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!