HyVee and Wags Today

I started with Miss Sarah at HyVee today. We were after that detergent! BIG bottles of it for just $3.99 - less that $3/1 coupon to bring them to just $.99 each.

We got 8.

I had 10 coupons but shared them with two other people in the area. Have no fear, I didn't clear a shelf, there were a LOT left! 2 are for my mom...2 are for the another friend and we are keeping the white ones. Granted, Purex is kind of the bottom of the charts for quality detergent (according to Consumer Reports magazine) but I am not too concerned about the value of the cost per ounce, LOL.

We also got a 2# box of strawberries for $2.28 - it was actually a 2.75# (I weighed a few) box so I am OK with the price - it came out to about $.85/# for the berries...so I did NOT use my rain check from the 4# for $3.99 deal that was sold out a month ago...I will wait until the berries are more expensive for that
=)

I had the register fiasco with cashier #4 when I tried to use my $8 Wags RR...but that was in the HyVee policy update post.

8 bottles Purex @$3.99 (normally $8.49)
- 8 $3 coupons **triggered a required over-ride as I used several coupons
$7.92
+ Strawberries for $2.28
+ Sales tax $1.76
$11.96 paid out of pocket (I still think $3.96 would have been much better...sigh...)
Still, I saved 84%

Then we went to Walgreen's and got
5 packages of panty liners @.99
-5 FREE coupons
+1 gallon of milk $3.19
+1 organic chocolate milk
+.57 sales tax
- $4 RR (from toilet paper deal earlier this week)
$.85 out of pocket, saving $12.45 (93%)

Here is my math for the month:


$100.00
-18.39 at Aldi
- 2.72 at Wags
------------
$78.89
- $4.11 - Kwik Trip and Bread Outlet
---------
$74.78
+$4.13 from Walgreen's runs
----------
$78.91
-$3.51 (today's Copps total, less the soda)
----------
$75.40
-15.42 from Walgreen's 5/11
-11.96 from HyVee today
-$.85 from Walgreen's today
----------
$47.17 to go

Considering we were sick for almost a week and will be repeating most of this week's meal plan, we really only need milk and bread yet this month! We are in GREAT shape for the middle of the month
=)

How are you doing on YOUR budget?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!