Teacher Appreciation Week

Last year, Miss Sarah and I made the Berry Special Teacher Gifts.

Our school made it pretty simple for us this year - they sent home a sheet that told us what to do.
Each day this week, there was one thing we were supposed to bring in for the teachers...
I'm not sure how the teachers rated above Mom this year -
they got five days of gifts and goodies at our school and Mom only gets that one Sunday...
(enough said)

Day one : bring a flower for your teacher.
We choose to make them.
We cut out "petals" and used a sucker as the center.
Ms Sarah was proud of her handy work:
Day two: the printed flowers (that were sent home) needed to be colored, cut out
and have "I love my teacher because...." written on them.

Day three: give the teacher some original artwork from your child.
We put it into a limited release Express Yourself Tupperware Tumbler.
(yes, the other parents rolled their eyes at me...)

Day Four: bring some chocolate for your teacher.
I had scored a bunch of FREE Butterfinger candy bars...so they each got one,
and we made a special wrapper for it -- I forgot to take a picture!
(sigh)
Trust me - they were really cute!!

Today was day five: a gift of your choice for them.
You could say that the tumblers were the gift...but we did something else.
We used mini Oreos to make mini apple candies.
I got the idea here but tweaked it a little bit.

Instead of buying red candy melts for $3-4, I used my Christmas Holiday Clearance Almond Bark
(it was $0.19 a package).
All I had to do was add a little red food coloring and I was good to go!

The mini Oreos were from my Halloween Holiday Clearance -
I got the bags of lunch sized packages for 75% off !!
They are still good for 4 more months --
I see myself making these again as we have 4 big bags left!

That's it. Five days of goodies for two great teachers.

What did you do this year?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!