Dinner Tonight

If you have taken my coupon class -
you know that I live next to a family right out of My Big Fat Greek Wedding.
Seriously.
Yesterday, we went to their teenage son's high school graduation party and enjoyed an appetizer buffet of hummus, Greek olives, lamb and chicken build your own Gyros and some killer Feta cheese.

Guess what she sent over today?

A big red bag full of this:


The only thing we needed was the Greek Gyros sauce - Tziki.
The Greek restaurant is closed on Mondays so I called the local Pizza Pit -
which now carries Gyros. I got a 10 oz cup of it from them for just $1.

This starts my spending for the Grocery Game Challenge:
a cup of sauce for $1 and we ended up with killer Gyros plates for dinner.
Yes, life is good, LOL!

What I don't show is the baby carrots and onion dip that we had with it -
to kinda cut the salt a tad...but what a way to go! Tomorrow's lunch will work in the hummus -
but there is enough Feta to last me all month! 

We DID get a second cup of the sauce, to send over the to the neighbor...along with a big box of foil. 
I know they didn't have any either - so I am really at $2 so far.
Not bad, two days down and only $2. Let's see what else I can do to my budget by Saturday night.

$75 weekly budget
-$2 for the sauce
$73 to go this week

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!