The Frugal "Bible"...

This is a repost of mine, enjoy:

 

When I was newly married, someone suggested this book to me and I added it to my gift "wish list". Dear hubby was the one who got it for me and, almost 20 years later, I still read through it!

Way ahead of her time, Amy Dacyczyn had a newsletter that shared hints and tips to live a less expensive lifestyle. Eventually, they were put together and turned into several books, then a final "complete" one.

The index in the back lets you check out things by topic, although the first time I went through it, I read it from cover to cover and used post-it type tags for the things I thought I would try or use...some of those are still there today, LOL!

It's a book I occasionally grab and review...when I feel I am needing a fresh idea.

My suggestion to you, if you are serious about getting your finances in shape, get your own copy! You can start by checking it out at the library (another whole topic!) but it is a treasure trove of knowledge! Between her and the letters submitted by her readers, you will find HOURS of ideas for your review.

She takes time to do comparisons on things like the cost breakdown of making your own hot cocoa mix versus buying different brands - granted the price points are off by today's standards but the ratios should maintain with inflation.

Dust off your library card and check this book out - some things are kinda over the top but most are very usable ideas
:)

What's next? I think we will talk about public libraries, LOL!
Have a great weekend.

Comments

  1. This too is my lifeline! I have had my copy for about the same as you, I have the original books 1, 2, and 3 and recently upgraded to the combined edition. The Laundry Stain Remover is my Favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this book when I first got married 13 years ago and frequently mention it myself! The Frugal Zealot is one of my heroes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am going to have to get this from the library. The book I bought way back in college and love to go back to is Tiptionary by Mary Hunt. Not sure why I was tempted to buy it, but so glad I did as it is well loved and still used today! Thanks for the book tip!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!