My baby turned 5 today.

It seems just like yesterday that we brought her home...
It took 10 years to get our little princess - and was worth every minute that we had to wait.

Here is our story:

The Family That Tupperware Built As read at the 2006 National Convention by Kanwar Bhutani,
President of Tupperware North America

     In my life before Tupperware, I owned a restaurant and catering company with my mother. We had over 50 employees. Both of us met our husbands there. It took my husband three months to propose and we were married soon after.

I thought I had it all, a great husband and my own business, but I found myself working eighty plus hours a week, making less than $20,000 a year. That's why I became a Tupperware business owner. I needed the products but couldn't afford to pay full price, so I joined for the discount. I still remember my first party and becoming instantly hooked! Two months later, I was a Manager and three months after that, I had my first van.

While working just 10 hours a month, I was making over $30,000 a year and had a FREE vehicle! We had the "big discussion", closed the restaurant and sold off the catering. Mom retired and I went full-time with my Tupperware business.

VIP and Diamond status came quickly. I was always one or the other and having fun on the trips along the way...New Orleans, Cancun, Hawaii, Myrtle Beach, cruises and so much more! I couldn't afford to travel in my life before Tupperware and aimed for each incentive trips to take my husband on a FREE vacation! I now had time for family and to try to start one, but things didn't work and we had to pursue alternate options to become a family.

Fortunately, my Tupperware income paid for all the fertility tests and treatments that our medical insurance did not cover (we are talking over $50,000 out of our pockets thru the years) After five years of trials, we were lucky enough to get into the adoption agency we wanted right awayĆ¢€¦again, using my Tupperware income for the almost $20,000 in fees. We waited four years and then our daughter, Sarah Lyn Gay was born on June 17th, 2006.

     Tupperware continues to make the difference in our lives. It's just wonderful to be there for her first steps, her first words, to snuggle up on the couch at naptime and even go to baby gymnastics after finding her on top of the kitchen table at 10 months old! I don't have to pay someone to raise my child for 50 hours a week and hear a report from the daycare provider because I'm there with her.

While many people join Tupperware to be able to work around their families and be there for their children, my Tupperware income helped us to HAVE a child - while driving a free car, taking amazing free vacations and remodeling our home. With Tupperware, we have the flexibility to work when we want, have all the benefits of the corporate world and yet spend time with those we love the most. That, after all, is really the American Dream.

Thank You Tupperware!
Dannelle and Andrew Gay
Tupperware Charter Directors of the American Dream Team

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!