Shopping today

I felt like crap yesterday morning and didn't do what I had planned. I am finally through the elevation sickness and feel 100% myself today! (yippee!)  Seriously, if you ever see yourself over 8,000 feet elevation, be SUPER careful! That wedding in Colorado really did me in for a few days.

OK -- today was shopping day!
I hit Aldi and the bread outlet (I know, I missed the 25% off discount day but really needed bread!)
Needless to say, I missed the strawberry picking so I got eight packs of strawberries at $.99 along with four packs of blueberries at $1.29, two cantaloupe at $.99, one watermelon @$3.99, bananas @$1.15, the asparagus looked amazing and was $2.39 - nice thin and tender stalks! Add a bag of rice snacks and a bag of veggie chips for a total of $26.27. That is thirtyone pounds of fresh produce for abut $.73 a pound. I LOVE that store!!!

Then came the Village Hearth bread outlet...
Cottage Bread for the hubster, Cinnamon Raisin bagels and New England whole grain bread for me and the munchkin. The 2 packs of buns are for my Mom - she is having a cookout this weekend and asked if I could pick them up for her - so MY total is $5.17  (I could have saved $1.30 - sigh). She owes me $2.80.

Here is my weekly budget: $75
- Aldi $26.27
-Bread $5.17
Total left $43.56

Seriously, I think I am done for the week (it ends on Saturday).
That would put me in at 58% under budget..so far, 35% under budget for the challenge.

Now, what I am going to do with all of those strawberries?

Half a box instantly went to munchkin for lunch.
(along with the last two slices of Cottage Bread from the old loaf)

6 boxes are already cleaned and topped for jam, they will be in the freezer soon.
That should be enough to blend with the mulberries,
end of of the rhubarb and make some plain old strawberry jam!

I see blueberry pancakes in our future and already froze 2 packages for fall smoothies (yum!)

Now pardon me as I go munch on some cantaloupe
:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!