All You Summary.....

It's over and my official summary form is in! Of the $300 budget I had for the month, we only spent $140.31 and we ate out a few times even! That is 53% under budget!!

Week One $66.13
Week Two $31.44
Week Three $27.47
Week Four $15.27

What's funny, is I went OVER what I NORMALLY spend a month! (I know it's mainly due to that lunch in Fraser, Colorado) We also have a TON of fresh produce in that total as well as the fact that we picked over 40# of FREE Cherries, scored some FREE cucumbers and zucchini off a friend and a HUGE score of Greek leftovers, after our neighbor's graduation party!

I like the "what did you learn" sections of the form...as we did things the same as we normally do! However, I used this as a learning tool for our 5 year old. She would say she wanted this box of "fruit" snacks and I translated the price into packages of fresh strawberries. -- then gave her a choice: that one box of fruit snacks OR 3 packages of fresh strawberries (which are her favorite, LOL). Strawberries won every time, no surprise!

To those of you who were in on the challenge too - how did you do? What did you learn?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!