Checking in...

It's been a bit since I have been online! 

Yesterday, miss Sarah and I picked forty pounds of sour cherries, before we had some friends over to swim and beat the heat. After they left, I started pitting them and putting them into one gallon baggies for the freezer.

Gotta tell you -- that is a lot 'o cherries to pit, one by one. (sigh).

My hand is taking a break for a while, but I made it through over 3/4 of them.
:)

It was also a good day to get the new canvas canopy on the "rack" -- so there is a15 x 15 screened in gazebo of sorts next to the pool. It's now time to just relax a bit and wait it out before swimming again...I've done enough "work" to tick off my Fibromyalgia and flare my arthritic shoulder, LOL!

What's keeping me motivated? That was forty pounds or organic cherries - and will make some AWESOME jam and pie filling in a few months, when it is cool enough to play with them and can the results. That eight seven pounds of strawberries looks pretty easy to deal with, in perspective.  I might have to pick a few more up at Aldi before Wednesday.

Being Saturday, it IS the official end of my weekly budget, and things haven't changed. I have NOT spent anymore money this week and will summarize the meals later. I think I should get the swimsuit back on..............

Catch you later!

Comments

  1. Wow, that is a lot of cherries! Is it cherry picking? Where did you go picking if you don't mind me asking? We went a few years ago in Fort Atkinson, but haven't been back since and sour cherries are so yummy for pies and smoothies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mom planted a dwarf cherry tree a few years ago and it was NOT dwarf, LOL! It's over 20 feet tall and a prolific little bugger. We didn't even clear it off - so I let the neighbor finsh it off.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great your mom has huge tree with some "sweet" rewards! Can't wait to go in a few weeks to pick some in Fort. Cherry pie is sounding really good right now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!