Red, White and Blue Oops!

Some of you may have seen this gem of our family history on my personal facebook page a few days ago...so I apologize for the repeat. As Paul Harvey used to say "Here is the rest of the story..."

We were at a small town Fourth of July parade as a family, enjoying getting squirted by the firetrucks, seeing the old cars and tractors and Miss Sarah was hauling in the free candy. Then came the Kemp's truck.

Stupid is the name I give the person from Kemp's who thought up the idea of tossing their big Patriotic pops out to the crowd.
Yup - kids got beaned like crazy - (sigh).

One side of their truck had people handing them out to the crowd and on our side, both the driver and people on the back trailer were throwing them at the crowd.

I had just seen a kiddo get nailed and turned to say something to my hubby when Miss Sarah got it. Right above the left temple.

The plus side? We could use it like an ice pack -- then she could eat it when she was done crying.

She ended up with a little goose egg and then, a little color thanks to gravity. I tell ya, a five year old girl with a shiner is crazy.

I did shoot a note off to Kemps' on their website to tell them where we were and what happened. I let them know it was a great idea but poor execution, etc. Today, three days later got a call from them.

I thought that was pretty good as I hadn't given them my phone number on the comment form, just my email and name,. They had to work a little to call me, LOL!

They apologized, made sure Miss Sarah was OK, asked if there were any medical expenses, and said that normally they would offer coupons, etc - that we deserved more in this case and we will hear back from them again  - soon.

That is super nice!
I wasn't after anything BUT to let them know that they needed to tweak a policy to keep kids safe...Miss Sarah is FINE.

I will let you know what the end result is...until then, watch out for flying popsicles!

Comments

  1. Dannelle - you don't realize how many people sue for big bucks over incidences like this. I've been working in a law office for well over 30 years and have seen tons of it. I'm glad they contacted you but it's sad that they feel they have to protect themselves like that. The original intent should be suffice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura - it's just sad that so many people are that greedy!

    Did it hurt her? Yes.

    Will it traumatize her forever against parades or popsicles? No and certainly not, LOL-- you can tell by the picture!

    Could it have been worse? Heck yeah, that's why I shot them a note: to keep it from happening again to other kids.

    I tried to make that clear to the caller...but was talked over.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!