Today's Store Run...

Two stores for me today - Aldi and HyVee. Since they are within a block of each other, I have no problem hitting them both.
:)

First Aldi for produce:
5 packs Strawberries @$.99
5 peaches @$.25
8 plums @$.25
Olive Oil pan spray @$1.49
pack of sunflower seeds @$.39
Cantaloupe @$1.39

Total spent: $11.47 -- compared to HyVee's prices, I saved $11.61.

At HyVee, I was all over the 15% off meat in the bag deal.
I got three whole chickens (4 pounds+) @$2.98
4 Powerade @$.49 (normally $1.29)
1 gallon of milk @$2.97 (I think it's expensive, but it didn't make sense to hit yet another store....)
and one Kandy Lemondrop melon for $2 - they were sampling it and WOW~ way yummy! I spent $16.00 and saved $13.17

My savings today weren't great - but I wasn't coupon shopping today (gasp~!!) Simply working the sales specials and planning on more super cheap jam for the family.

$75 budget for the week:
-$11.47 from Aldi
$16 from HyVee
$27.47 for the week, $47.53 under budget for the week
Yup, that is all we bought this week - it really pays to have a stockpile
:)

I came in 63% under budget
 
Two of the chickens are for next week Sunday -
we are having friends over and the hubster will be making beer can chicken on the grill.
The strawberries will be added to the freezer stash, along with the peaches and plums,
once they ripen. It will be another "jam fest" when the weather cools down.
My mouth is literally watering for that Lemondrop melon --
we are ripping into it tomorrow morning.
Yum!
 
How did you do at the stores this week>?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!