How Will You Live Today?

This is a repost of mine...

I saw a friend on Facebook post the following Coaching Question- What do you want your grandchildren to say about you on your 85th birthday? How will you live it today?

This got me thinking...we didn't have a lot of money while I was growing up -- Mom was pretty much a single parent and there were times that she couldn't even give us a quarter so we could get an ice cream cone. These are things I know of from being the oldest, I saw and knew more than she realized I did. Despite the tough times, we have BILLIONS of fantastic memories. Goofy days in the back yard with homemade bubbles, walks and adventures to the public library, our birthdays were super special events, and more! I remember holidays with guests at the table - people who would have been alone on that day, had she not learned that they were going to be alone...All the ways my Mom has touched people's lives. SHE is a gentle spirit, a kind servant of humanity.

I can only hope to be a fraction as good as she is!

In raising my daughter, I am trying to subtly teach that people are more important than things and that a life of service to others is incredibly rewarding. We make school kits for Luther World relief, meals for people who have lost a loved one, even the Puppy Party where gifts were for the Humane Society. Sprinkle all of that around fun memories of baking together in the kitchen, going to the library, doing things at church or through the public rec department, getting slushies while we shop at Target, even giving her piggy back rides in the pool (not as easy as it sounds - especially in the deep end, LOL). I am trying to keep the magic of childhood, yet awareness of others.

I hope I am also teaching her by example how to run a business, and how to help empower other ladies so they can reach their full potential. That is another one of the many reasons that I love my Tupperware Business! It lets me be there for all the GREAT moments in her life, yet still make an income.

What legacy are YOU leaving?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!