Cub Foods - saved 101% (you read it correctly...)

I LOVE shopping at Cub Foods!!

A lot of people forget that they take expired coupons for up to 3 months...that can get you some really great deals, as you will see below.

I had BIG plans for Cub Foods today - and their extra box tops promo: I was going to play the "grocery game" where I check out, leave the store and go back in to shop again. I couldn't do it because after coupons, my total was $.07 - the cashier was so excited that she called over the other cashiers to see.   (sigh)

They all knew me and there was no way I could back in and shop again.

Here is what  I got today (27 items):

For the Box Tops deal (I got a bonus 35 box tops)
  • 6 Betty Crocker Boxed Potatoes
  • 1 can corn
  • 3 cans refried OEP bean
then I added:
  • 2 boxes Purina One cat food
  • 1 # ground beef
  • 1# grapes
  • 5 can Red Gold Tomatoes
  • 1 Loaf Cub White Bread
  • 4 Simply Single OJ
  • Uncle Ben's Ready Rice
Coupons Used:

Store coupons for FREE Grapes, 10/$5 BTFE items, Red Gold Tomatoes $.69 (limit of 6)
4 $1/1 Simply OJ
2 $1/3 BC potatoes
$1/WYB3 OEP items on ground meat
2 FREE Purina One Cat food (expired)
$.55/3 Red Gold (expired)
2 $.75 Red Gold (expired)
FREE Uncle Ben (expired)
$6 Wags RR (expired)
$3 Catalina (OYNO) from Copp's (expired)

So - I got everything you see here (and a whole lot of unwanted attention) for $.07
All I need is a good sale on chili beans and I am set for a crock pot feast~!

***Donation items:
The cat food goes to an older lady who is a widow along with about a dozen cans that I have gotten FREE. Her cat is her companion and she is financially challenged. I like to drop off a bag of cat food when she is at early morning mass - so she doesn't know where it comes from.
=)

The boxed potatoes will go in my weekly bag of food pantry donations - along with the deodorant I got at Walgreen's -- that post is coming up.
=)

Today's Math: $33.94 for $.07 -- it becomes 101% because they let me dip into the $.30 sales tax
=)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!