Target Deals!
I wanted to update you about some fun discounts at Target!
First of all, the Back To School items are now 50-75% off.
50% for the lunch bags and back packs, 75% off for the supplies like filler paper, scissors, pencils, book covers, etc. I picked up som packs of drawing paper for $.50 each and a 2 pack of scissors for $.35 (art cart). Even the cute Make It Mine Dinosaur folder! (He is being tucked away in the "house fairy" stash).
Got a kitty?
Whiskas Temptations were on a clearance endcap by cosmetics, marked down to $1.47.
Now, let's talk sample/travel sized items.
Some couponers like to get these free and simply add them to their stash. I like to collect them for a different reason: our church has a homeless ministry! A quart sized baggie with toothpaste, deodorant, laundry detergent, chapstick, shampoo and conditioner can make an easy, yet portable personal care kit for them. I am working on making 20 such kits and then letting our pastor in charge of that ministry dole out as she sees fit.
=)
Christmas Donation Stockpile.
I picked up another game for $1.24 -- from the Hasbro line of coupons. That puts me to 23 items down, only 1 more to pick up! We will assemble 12 "kits" - 6 for boys and 6 for girls. These will go to the "giving trees" at the holiday time.
It's really fun to include Miss Sarah in this - it's a great understanding that giving back is something we can ALL do - that there are people out there having a tough time and even though we aren't rich, we are very blessed.
Just think: if everyone bought just ONE extra toy this year and popped it into a donation bin! WOW!
Now, for the home.
Cascade Trial Size 4 packs at $.97 -- using that $1/1 coupon, they were FREE! I picked up 16 of them...but want to clue you in on something: they are now making THREE packs! Make sure you look closely and get the FOUR packs, unless they are already transitioned over. Every 4 packs of the Cascade cost me $.21 in sales tax - so I will take $.84 off of my monthly budget.
So -- the total for my Target Trip today?
$6.15 -- for 33 items.
I have enough Dishwasher detergent here for about 5 months.
For FREE.
It pays to look at things in smaller packages
=)
I have a coworker who always whines come Christmas time that she can't afford to buy anything for the battered women & children's shelter because everything costs so much. It's sooo much simpler when you look for the deals, have coupons, etc., it's like how can you not give to someone else then???
ReplyDeleteHugs to you Vanessa! I know you really pay it forwared too!
ReplyDelete=)