Monday Meal Plan

It's the beginning of a new week!

I must admit -- I am getting a little tired of looking at apples, LOL! I had such a painful week with my arthritis and the weather that I didn't finish that fifty pounds of apples... but DID get about 75% of them done.
=)
I need to finish those this week -- the rest will be canned as "pie apples" -- ready to use for cobblers, crisps and my yummy caramel apple pie. With canned apples running $3+ each at the store -- I know each jar I make should save at least $2.50...it ads up fast!

After the apples, I am looking at canning pumpkin puree -- I shared that idea HERE last week.

I am also starting my home made soups this week -- Butternut Squash is on the list first with the AMAZING prices on it ($.50/# or less at the farm stands)! It's a chicken broth base with a dash of sage -- easy and yummy! I promise -- I 'll share the recipe!

Here is the list:

Breakfast will include:
- pancakes
- cold cereal
- Scrambled Eggs
- Peanut Butter and Nutella Toast
- Crock Pot Oatmeal
- Fresh fruit (we have apples and mandarin oranges)
- Emerald Breakfast To Go Granola/Nut packs
Lunches as normal (sandwiches, snacky stuff, wraps, left overs, tappas plates) and for dinner...

Monday - Pizza!
Tuesday - Fridge Clean Out
Wednesday - Meatless: Grilled Cheese with Tomato Soup
Thursday - Butternut Squash Soup with chicken salad sandwiches
Friday - Chef Salad (our version of it)
Saturday - Fend for themselves -- I am scrapbooking with my gal pals!
Sunday - Grilled Steaks, Baked Acorn Squash, Green Beans
What are you going to feed YOUR family this week?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!

***WINNER****My 500th Post! (and $200 in give-aways!)

Chili Dog Casserole