Shopping today...89.8% savings

It's a new month - so that means a new $100 budget!

I hit Copp's today for a double coupon trip--they have Double Daze on a Saturday, even though it wasn't in the ad!

Hormel has a deal where you spend $20 and get $5 back so I did it twice. Hubby LOVES the Hormel Compleats for his "emergency" drawer at work. We are keeping 10 and donating 10.
:)

Transaction #1
10 Hormel Compleats at $2 (Normally $2.28)
2 packs String Cheese @$1.29 (Normally $1.89)
---coupons used: 5 BOGO Hormel Compleats, 5 $.55/1 Hormel (doubled)
Paid $7.08 and got back $5

Transaction #2
10 Hormel Compleats at $2 (Normally $2.28)
2 half gallons Kemps Milk @$1.50 (Normally $1.79)
---coupons used: 5 BOGO Hormel Compleats, 5 $.55/1 Hormel (doubled), $3 Kemps
Paid $4.50 and got back $5 for a MONEY MAKER!

Impulse Transaction #3
I saw Fruit Chillers on 50% clearance! $2.99 marked down to $1.49
I got 4 and added another pack of string cheese@$1.49
--coupons used: two $1/2 Fruit Chillers, $5 Catalina from the Hormel
Paid $.25

Grand total today $66.81 for $11.83 and I still have one $5 Catalina...making it $6.83!


My Monthly Budget:
$100
- 6.83 Copps  10/1
$93.17 to go and I have that $5 to use next week!

Comments

  1. Love following your post and I'm very grateful for all your advice and look into your life. I was wondering when reading this post, shouldn't you subtract the 11 dollars since you have not spent the secnod $5 hormel catalina. Otherwise you will be counting it two times. Now and then when you actually do spend it...right? Again thank you for your inspiration and I can't wait till you come to Milwaukee with your class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all -- thanks for the kind words Karmin!
    =)
    That is a GREAT question.

    I start out with an evelope of $100 for the month and take out of it, or add to it as the month progresses.

    I look at it at catalinas (Register Rewards) as cash. I came to the store with "X" amount of money in my hands and left with "Y" amount...

    I would have paid $5.25 for the last transaction - but used $5 of the $10 that they had given me, so I didn't have to take that $5 out of my cash envelope.
    :)

    I did ADD the second $5 catalina into my cash evelope -- so it is added back into my budget of what I can spend yet this month.

    Does that make sense?
    Basically, it turned my $100 into $110 - by playing the "grocery game".
    :)

    Let me know if it is still confusing.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!