December Daily: Things We Are Thankful For

As the year draws to an end, it's easy to remember the bad things, but better to focus on the things that made a difference for your life. Here is a small sample of my list:

-My family. Each day I see the love and joy in Miss Sarah's face -- and have the best partner to help raise her. Who couldn't love that?

-The amazing friends I have who stepped up to help when we had some family issues that required me to spend a lot of time at the hospital. I know I am truly blessed with their love...

-The people that have come to my coupon classes over the last year and dropped me a note to let me know how they have not only learned something, but put it into action and changed things for their families - some to the point that they can pay it forward and bless others...

-The people at my church who give so much of their time, talent and possessions to help others, whether it be the Circle of Love, Puerto Rican Mission, Homeless Ministry, Food pantry, Hope House, and so much more.

-My blog followers who read my rambling thoughts daily and send me tips, ideas, hot scoops of bargains or even encouraging replies. You make my day more often than you know...

-The Bruce Company for quickly replacing that holiday tree that was stolen off of University Avenue - in that long row of decorated trees that was initiated and maintained by that man who passed away this year after a nasty fall. They replaced it with another of the same size - and did it quickly. It always makes me smile when I drive by them.

-Teachers. They are our assistants to turn our children into the best people they can be -- working LONG hours and dealing with many issues other than curriculum. They all make an impact on our children's lives.

-The scores of electricians that hurried to repair the vandal damage to the Fantasy In Lights display. I still don't understand why some people have to create such needless destruction to something that makes so many people happy....they almost wiped out the display and, driving through it today, you would never know. This is a FREE thing that many families can afford to do.

My Challenge to you: Make a list of at least 10 things that you are thankful for this year. It will put a smile on your face - I guarantee it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!