My 2011 Grocery Budget Summary

Here is a summary of this year -- month by month.
We budget $100 a month for food and personal care items for the three of us, and our cat Delilah.
Some months I have been under budget, some over -- Here is the list:
January OVER $3.97

February UNDER $1.92

March OVER $.73

April UNDER $8.19

May UNDER $4.53

June OVER $4.22


July OVER $.79

August UNDER $34.37

September UNDER $9.77

October OVER $7.83

November OVER $12.69

So I am still UNDER budget by $28.55, as of the end of November.
That is a good thing, as I KNOW I will go over my December budget this weekend with the
Copp's Double Double Days sale tomorrow!
I have $17.76 left for December and, when you add in that $28.55,
that takes me to the almost $46.00 that I had figured for my first four transactions.

I should JUST squeak it out this year.

Pretty darned decent, if you ask me.
=)
I haven't increased my budget in 2 years and food prices have jumped!
The $2.89 box of cereal I used to buy is now $4.19...Peanut butter went from $2 a jar to $3...
and let's not talk about coffee prices.

I think I will try to keep it at $100 a month for 2012 too -- at least for the first quarter.
Then, I will see if I need to re-evaluate and increase the budget.

How is your budget working out?

Comments

  1. That is pretty cool to do that for $100 a month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A $100 a month, every month. I am impressed. I think 2012 is the year that I track my grocery costs. We are on a budget of $40 a week but we really don't track it very well. I have empty composition books too so yep, one of my 2012 goals. TFS - I love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies!
    It can be a challenge some times but has meant a lot of money in our budget to pop into the bank, take a vacation, finish the college fund for Miss Sarah, even afford little surprises like a washing machine dropping dead.
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!