My Envelope System

In my coupon class I talk about keeping your separate Copp's/Pick N Save transactions organized. The "envelope system" is a great, low tech, low cost way to do just that!
In the upper left hand corner (where your return address would be) I put the coupons I am using, with a circled total as to how many I have. The coupons are actually INSIDE the envelope.
On the upper right hand side (where your stamp would go) is the transaction number. In this case, this is the six transaction I am going to do on Saturday.
On the bottom left hand corner is what I think I should pay. This may be a "rough" total if I am unsure of something like the price of a dozen eggs. In this case, I am expecting the cashier to tell me $.38

In the bottom right hand corner is what I think I should get back, if there are any current Catalina offers, etc.

In the middle is your grocery list...all of this is in pencil of course, so you can erase it and use it for the next week!

I have explained why this is so handy - besides the fact that you don't hold up the check out line, LOL!
  • If the cashier gives you a total OTHER than what you expect, you can see if all of your coupons have been scanned in.
  • If you don't get your Catalinas, you can see if all your items were rung in OR double check to see if you picked an incorrect item off the shelf.
  • You can fix it BEFORE you leave the store.
 Keep in mind that this is simply what works for me, it might not work for you.
You might be the god of Excell Spread Sheets -- or simply print your lists from Copps.com and make a few notes on it as you paper clip your coupons to it.

Whatever you do, it pays off to make a plan and list - then ONLY BUY WHAT IS ON YOUR LIST.
(I know, it's hard).

Happy planning!

Comments

  1. The Copps grocery store on the north side of Madison does not accept register rewards anymore. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... I haven't done it in a while but will let you know if I get to use them tomorrow!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great way to use 'junk mail' envelopes :) I am thankful my PNS accepts Register Rewards. I try to roll them when I can, but there's always those weeks I have no interest buying Joint Juice lol. ;)

    Chelle

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!