Fuzzy Slipper Cookies

I KNOW I saw this originally on another blog and would LOVE to give credit but can't find it!

I did remember how adorable I thought they were and how PERFECT for a weekend scrapbook crop.
:)

So yes, for the crop this weekend,
I made them.

It is a little futzy but SOOOO stinkin' cute when they are done - the gals loved them!

Start with Nutter Butters ... that yes, I had gotten with a coupon and hidden away so my cookie monster husband wouldn't eat them.
 Then, split them apart and scrape out the filling.
 I added a cup of peanut butter and a cup of powdered sugar and little butter (1 TBSP?) to it and zapped for a minute, stirred and zapped 30 seconds more. I wanted it all "creamy".
 While that was going - I took some pink candy melts and grated them with my Cuisinart. About 1/3 the average bag.
When the peanut butter was "creamy" I added it to the KitchenAid and blended it with a cup of powdered sugar.
While that was whipping away - I took the rest of the pink candy melts and added 2 squares of almond bark. I zapped it about 2 minutes and stirred until it was smooth. See - one bowl melted and creamy and one all grated up.
Now it's time to make the slippers! Get your toddler mindset on and pretend it's play dough molding time! I didn't want to stick my fingers in there so I grabbed the cone dowel from my Krumkake iron.
I will tell you to LEAVE THE COOKIES ON THE COUNTER while you do this. If you don't, you will use less than Christian language when they keep breaking in half in your hands....
Then you simply dip them in the gooey stuff first, then the crunchy stuff. No pictures of that (sorry) as I was doing this all myself and had slightly messy hands.
:)
Here is what they look like when you are done:
What do they taste like?
A vanilla dipped Nutter Butter.
:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!