Thrift Store Score!

I have told you before that I am a Pintrist junkie. Seriously, I have 27 boards and over 500 pins.
More on Pintrist another day...

You know I am working on Miss Sarah's "Princess Room" -- here is the latest project: Corralling the accessories!

I saw this on Pintrist (It's under my New House board) :
And thought - SO EASY!
It's just an old frame with ribbons stapled to the back!!!!

I found THIS frame at the Treasure Mart in Monona for $.40
If you aren't familiar with the Treasure Mart - think Goodwill or St Vinny's with one big exception:
Every month the item is there, it is marked down another 10%!
This frame WAS $4.00 -- and came with a backing and glass (which I didn't want).
It had been there 10 months and been missed on markdowns -
so it was dropped 90% to just $.40.

PERFECT!

I will turn it sideways, paint a bit of it pink to match the decor, staple gun and ribbon it -
and we will have a hair bow rack fit for a princess!

I will hang it on the wall next to her "dressing table" --
 for easy access and am going to live in the world that all hair bows/barrettes
will live there when not in use. (Yes, I live in fantasy land...)

What else does the Treasure Mart have?
You name it!!!
Bedding, dishware, jewelry, books, furniture, toys and so much more that it blow your mind!
It's on Femrite Drive, Just off of Monona Drive -- on your right.
Look for the big blue building:Wright's Treasure Mart.
915 Femrite Drive.

Comments

  1. ha! I think I know what building you're talking about! I take my boys to Aldo frequently, and never realized the gold mine was there! Thanks for the tip :)
    Michelle Rutta Wahe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet Michelle! Make sure you have enough time to look around -- and you might want to tie a rope around your waste before you enter - so you can find your way out, LOL!

      Delete
  2. ha! So maybe I will not bring my 2 and 4 year old boys with me! And I'll also make sure I'm up to date on my tetanus shot too :) I love junkin, so it'll be a good experience ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!