My Shopping Plans For The Week

We have a pretty full stockpile so it's easy to NOT shop, unless it's for things we need. This list is pretty short: just two stores:
Aldi and Copp's
1) I plan to hit Aldi Tuesday for some fresh fruit -- it's on my way to something else so it isn't a special trip. They have strawberries for $.99, Mangoes for $.49 and great prices on thin - tender asparagus right now!
2) Copp's. It's Double Coupon day tomorrow and I am after the ground chicken for $.50/#, after coupons. I also have a friend who wants to stock up on Capri Sun - which I never see for less than $2 a ten pack. With the $1.99 sale - and the buy 3 get 1 FREE coupons, it comes to a decent price. I told her I'd grab them for her tomorrow and get her 4 for FREE. (She LOVED that!!)

So - only two transactions, here is my plan:
Transaction #1
8 Capri Sun @$1.99 = $15.92
-using (2) B3G1 coupons
4 Ground Chicken $2.00 = 8.00
-using (4) $.75/1 coupons that will double
(1)Belvita Crackers $2.99 = $2.99
-using $1/1 coupons that will double
$26.91 for 14.93 -- $11.94 of that is NOT out of MY budget, I am getting $10.99 for $2.99

Transaction #2
5 Belvita Crackers $2.99 = $14.95
-using (5) $1/1 coupons that will double
4 Capri Sun @$1.99 = 7.96
-using (1)B3G1 coupons
1 Gallon Milk @$2.59
-using $3 Catalina from last week
$25.50 for $10.51 -- Again, my part is $17.54 for $4.54
For us 28.53 for 7.53 - saving about 75%...that number will be higher as the Belvita and chicken are on sale pricing and I don't know that the REAL prices are, with out looking them up.
:)
Hubby LOVES the Belvita crackers for those mornings that he is in a rush - they remind him of our trip to London a few years ago! They are similar to the biscuits we had every time someone served tea, LOL!

I have a good recipe for Ground Chicken Burgers -- I will have to dig that out and share with y'all!

 What are YOU after this week?

Comments

  1. Gold n Plump has a free cutting board with purchase of 3 lbs ground chicken. No postage/handling or anything required. Just a heads up if you're buying it anyway!

    http://www.goldnplump.com/offer_form.cfm?oid=4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I ask what Copps you go to for the Gold'n Plump? I've had no luck at the one on Junction Rd. in Madison with the Gold'n Plump Chicken - they don't seem to offer it at all, ground or chicken breasts, which is frustrating when they've had sales/coupons for both lately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I go to the Copps EAST of Sun Prairie. They don't have it by the chicken... it's in a different case, closer to the cheese.
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!