Shopping Tips: What to Look For in Easter Clearance

I know, I know - Easter isn't even over yet and I am talking about what to buy AFTER it, LOL!
Trust me -- it is worth planning ahead a little bit so you are ready for tomorrow! One of my favorite things is shopping AFTER the holiday!

It's good to do a quick inventory NOW on plastic eggs, egg covered fare like gift bags, wrapping paper, tissue, and non-perishable things for the Easter Baskets NEXT year. Think pencils, coloring books, small toys, goofy shaped bubbles, etc.
Buying them NOW, at 50-90% off is a great plan! Last year I got:
  • Basket

  • Basket filler

  • Easter Egg Play Do

  • Easter Egg Jump Rope

  • Easter Bunny Mrs Potato Head

  • Easter Little People

  • Butterfly Sidewalk Chalk

  • It's also a great time to hunt for "stocking stuffers": things like lip gloss, activity books, single trains/cars and hair ponies won't go bad just sitting in a box on the shelf and they make me feel like I am organized for next year. You can "fill" with stockpile items like candy bars, small hand lotions, etc next year. These all make for great last minute birthday party gift bags too!
    Now, dig through your coupons for the food items! Just like Halloween and Christmas they clearance out the "normal" items that have holiday graphics. Last year I got:

    A few packs of the Bunny shaped marshmallows. Who can tell what shape they are/were when you melt them down for Krispie Treats!? At $.39 a bag, not a bad price!

    Smarties. They are perfect for summer events like our Tupperware Team Picnic and Pool Party. They didn't scream "Easter" but had their normal packaging.

    It really makes a difference when you look "out of the box" at the clearance and have a little plan ready. It keeps you from tossing into your cart a lot of impulse buys...which are bad for your budget. I am NOT doing it this year as I have plenty left over from last year. (You can see my haul HERE)

    I think.......
    :)

    Comments

    1. Thanks for posting! Would you say that Monday is the best day to go? Tuesday? I am trying to map out my plan for stores, etc. Good idea for lists. My little girl's first Birthday party is in May so I'm definitely going to get some candy to add to her goodie bags. And get things for her Easter basket next year! Including grass, eggs, etc.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Hi Michelle!
      Definitely go the day after Easter - the longer you wait, the less is left.

      I like to hit Walgreen's and Target. Target goes 50% off on goods but usually has candy at 30%.

      We have a big Greek Orthodox church in our area - and their Easter holiday is usually the week AFTER ours, so they buy the stuff for their kiddos on clearance all the time, LOL!.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Ha, funny! I didn't know that the Greek Orthodox celebrates Easter a different day! Well I suppose if they are celebrating the resurrection of Jesus than it still counts! :) Thanks so much!

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Popular posts from this blog

    Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

    Chili Dog Casserole

    Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!