Emergency Prep

In my coupon class, I mention a few reasons WHY you want some sort of a stockpile. Even FEMA says we should all have at least a 72 hour supply of food that we can eat, without cooking and bottled water.

In Wisconsin, we don't have things like hurricanes but do have to worry about things like tornadoes, severe fires (thanks to the drought), ice storms, blizzards, and chemical spills.

The last item is important if you live within five miles of any railroad tracks or within one mile of a major highway. Accident's happen. Trains are derailed and semi's crash. That could mean toxic chemicals and your family is in harm's way.

Are you ready?

Just check out this quick video:


I am a firm believer that when you have a plan, you don't need it!

We are talking about a few things IN ADDITION to food, like you saw in the clip.

Did you see how the organized family took the computer CPU? If there is looting after you leave and you didn't take it, you could have left a lot of your important information very accessible! Same goes for the important files they pulled.

Over the next few weeks, I am going to share simple tips on how to prepare your family.
If you are already set with your plan, please share any hints/tips you have!

Start thinking now...
What would you do if you only had ten minutes?

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this! I am a firm believer in being prepared, and which all the crazy things happening lately, it's more important than ever! I live in Utah, and there have been tons of fires, and my house almost flooded yesterday! (About 100 homes in my area did flood!) Anything can happen, and I'm glad to know that I'm prepared for it, as much as I can be :) I write a small preparedness blog at emergencyfoodstorage101.com if you want to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!