My Shopping Plans this weekend...

I know - it's Double Double Daze at Copp's and Pick N Save this weekend! I fully intend to use that bonus discount.
:)

Here is the thing... I don't need anything. We are pretty well stocked and I have no room to put 60+ new items.

My Plan?
Shop for the food pantry!

Last week, the Quaker cereals were on sale for $2.50 a box, normally $4.13-4.25 at my store. I went late in the afternoon on Saturday and hoped to see an empty shelf. I did!

That meant a rain check for THIS week and on Monday, I called in an order for 100 boxes of cereal.

$2.50 x 10 boxes = $25.00
-use ten $1.00/1 coupons (doubled)
pay $5.00 out of pocket.

That is $41.30 of cereal for $5.00, saving 88%.

I am doing that ten times, using my store card for 6 transactions and then my Mom's for the last 4.

I DID do a match up for the ad, you can see it HERE. If I was shopping for normal stuff, what would catch my eye?
  • Meats from the 13 hour sale
  • Johnsonville brats
  • LaChoy Dinner Creations for my brother at a $.50 final cost
  • Powerade
  • Deodorant for $.50
Where else am I going this weekend?
Walgreen's.

We were almost out of toilet paper and the Cottonelle 12 pack deal for $3.00 is perfect timing! I have ten $1.00/1 coupons and plan to stock up. Yes, that is $30.00 of toilet paper, or 120 rolls.

Some produce?
Yep - I am hitting Aldi today (have to be in the area) to get some fruit, veggies and milk. I scored some tomatoes from a friend, zucchini from a different friend and plan on apples, bananas, peaches, lettuce and strawberries are on my list, depending on what I see when I get there.

What are YOU after this weekend?

Comments

  1. I scored big today at Copps buying ham and pork loin. They cut it into chops for me too-good tip:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danelle - I have to know - how on Earth do you have so many coupons for the Quaker cereal?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easy!
    Remember those 8 cases of single sized cereals I got a few months ago for the Blessinig Bags? They all had a copon on them!
    We took the coupons off before bagging them up.
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!