Frugal Friday - thinking out of the box for kids toys. Litterally

We had one of Miss Sarah's friends over yesterday and the first thing she did was whip out her rock collection. Of course, Sarah grabbed her rock collection and they played with rocks for an hour. They built rock animals, rock houses, etc.

Did you know that if you plant a rainbow rock, you will get a rainbow flower? (I learned so much from just listening to them, LOL!)

Why people spend SO MUCH MONEY on kid's toys is beyond me. Don't get me wrong, Miss Sarah has her fair share of Barbies and Legos but she is happy with rocks.

My mom is in the process of moving and I have helped her do a little packing. We came across a box of mine - old Barbie Furniture that was home made. You can get an idea of my real age with the colors of the contact paper used and the simple fact that milk came in boxes, LOL!

Check out the bedroom set, complete with the tinfoil mirror...
 The kitchen...
 The bed...
And, I had gotten a set of Blow Up furniture from Santa. It was the hottest thing...they even had it for adults. (ahem).
Yes, I was a child of the 70's... and I had a very creative Mom.
You would ADORE her as much as I do, if you ever met her.
:)

I spent HOURS playing with those boxes and my 2 Barbies.
I never missed a thing.

Next month, I will be posting a home made kids ideas every day for Christmas/holiday gifts.
You have plenty of time to whip up some treasures for your children, before the big events.
Most of the are something you could make during a little person's naptime!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!