What to look for in Halloween Clearance


Instead of candy, they have fun things like pretzel, teddy grahams and mini Oreos bagged up for the little tick or treaters. A bag of 18 mini packs was on sale for $5.99 and not a huge bargain. When the signs say 75% off and that $1.49 becomes a pretty good deal as it's now less than ten cents a portion for a snack or to tuck into a lunch!

Two years ago, I found Mini Oreos and I put 8 bags into my cart. They rang up 90% off! $.59 was AWESOME for those, that was a price drop to just three cents a serving! WHO CARED if they are in orange bags with oak leaves on them?
Of course, I had a few coupons for $.50/1 any Oreos..........so $.9 a bag ($.005 per serving) was even better!
:)

Last year?
I went to Target and got all of this:
I picked up chips, 8 big things of napkins
(for less than $.75 each), Fruit Roll Ups and Pop Tart Snacks (for church Sunday School list), kettle corn and Cheese popcorn
(for school lunches),
Frito Lay Snacks (for hubby lunches), Halloween towel, eyeball bubbles for next year, 
2 sets of Princess Jewelry for the girls at the next sleepover, some fun tights, and another witch finger cookie pan!

I WILL tell you that I spent less than $30 between sale prices and coupons  --
This year, I am on the hunt for pretzels too -- I still have half of those napkins left and had donated two complete packs to school snack days, LOL.
What to put out for the kiddos NEXT year?
Get those bags of plastic spider rings, etc for 50-90% off and tuck them away...just make sure you keep your Halloween stuff together so you find and remember you have it when you pull out the fun stuff next year.

I just pulled out MY Halloween box and have the spider rings, eyeball bubbles and Halloween pencils all in the big trick or treat bowl already!
Yippee!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookie Recipe #21 - Butter Rich Spritz

Chili Dog Casserole

Forget The Resolutions Giveaway Hop!